What is SkillsUSA?
SkillsUSA Utah is a Chapter of the National Organization, SkillsUSA. SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. We help each student excel. A nonprofit national education association, SkillsUSA serves middle-school, high-school and college/postsecondary students preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service (including health) occupations.
Mission Statement: SkillsUSA empowers its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. We improve the quality of our nation’s future skilled workforce through the development of SkillsUSA Framework skills that include personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics. Our vision is to produce the most highly skilled workforce in the world, providing every member the opportunity for career success.
- 53 state and territorial associations
- Nearly 14 million annual members total since 1965
- 650 national partners –– businesses, trade associations and unions
- More than 17,000 classrooms conducting SkillsUSA training nationwide
- Thousands of community service activities each year
- 1/4 of U.S. occupational areas covered by SkillsUSA curriculum –– that’s 130 job categories